Money Management for Young Entrepreneurs
This site will help you understand personal finance and money management. You donâ€™t have to be a Ph.D. to master your wallet but I know how helpful it is to know that you are not alone. Having the courage to face to your money issues, whether itâ€™s saving for your childâ€™s tuition, paying back your friends and family your startup capital, or building your first million, is rare but doable. You may find yourself with colleagues who spend on designer clothes or fancy dinners — frugal living and smart spending can be a lonely road. But guess who has the better chance of having the last laugh?
Young entrepreneurs, those who donâ€™t want to succumb to having a boss and depending on a paycheck, walk an even lonelier road. Obstacles abound at the start but courage, faith, and resilience keep us on achieving our goals with our businesses.
My goal here is to guide you, to motivate you, to show you, to share with you — and I know you can do the same for me. Youâ€™ll read about good or bad investment vehicles along the way and realities of cash management and savings. This isnâ€™t â€œhow to make money right nowâ€ or high-yield scam or pyramid promotions. The risk-return adage always holds — the higher the return, the higher the risk. Here, we work hard to spend, save, share.
Some topics you can read about here:
- Cash Management: Savings advice and how to budget
- Credit Cards: Plastic is not free money. How to keep track and manage debt
- Business and Investing: Active and passive investing and business spending
- Motivation: Courage, faith, and resilience
- Resources: Free books, articles, and book reviews
- Values: Contemplations on money and life
Where to Begin?
Read whichever articles tickle your fancy. I recommend you bookmark this site so you can come back anytime. You can also subscribe by email or by RSS (What is RSS?) so you know whenever thereâ€™s a new article.
- Is Money Important? Understand what money is and where it comes from with a brief history — so you understand why you have to make money. How aligned is what you do now to make a living with what you like to do?
- Manage your Cash Flow. Pay yourself first by applying time-tested methods for managing your monthly income.
- Building Wealth Workbook: A Beginnerâ€™s Guide to Securing Your Financial Future (Philippines version)
- Personal Finance Blog – Browse Marie Casasâ€™ personal finance blog (Archives)
- Calendar of Personal Finance Events
Who is Marie Casas?
Marie Casas is a young entrepreneur advocating financial literacy and building wealth. Find out more about Marie Casas.
This page is inspired by Steve Pavlina’s introduction.